Atanas Neykov was born on 30 May 1924 in Sofia. He studied at the Italian Royal College. He graduated from the Academy of Arts in1948, with major Decorative Art with tutors Professor Kiril Tzonev and Professor Dechko Uzunov.
He worked on painting, graphic art and spatial design. He designed for Grazzi Cristali, Modena, Italy, a leading company in the design and construction of structures and furniture of crystal glass.
He took part in the joint exhibitions of the Union of Bulgarian Artists, graphic biennales in Lugano, Krakow, Sao Paolo, Biel, Vienna, Ljubljana and others. He took part in exhibitions in Rome, Moscow, London, New York, Paris, Tokyo, Luxemburg, Basel, Graz, Lisbon, Vienna, Prague, Pittsburgh, Budapest and others. He had one-man shows in Berlin, Krakow, Milan, Brussels, Paris, Modena, Bologna, Capri, Parma, Brussels, Helsinki and Verona.
He designed the interior of the National Historic Museum inside the Palace of Justice in Sofia, the National Archaeological Museum in Sofia, the Shooting Gallery (with Svetlin Roussev), the Gallery of Foreign Art, the museum-houses of Dechko Uzunov and Nenko Balkanski in Kazanluk, art galleries in Dobrich and Sliven, Rakovski’s Pantheon in Kotel, the Saint Nicola church in Pleven, the glass façade of the OBB bank, the exhibition of icons of the Saints Kyril and Metodii in the San Clemente church in Rome and in Elvangen, Germany, the Bulgarian national participation in the Christopher Columbus EXPO in Italy, etc.
He died on 26 December 2003 in Sofia.